Here are some of my recent actions on City Council:
· Voted to safeguard AATA bus routes at their current levels and prohibited elimination of personnel as a funding strategy.
· Voted to accept EPA funding for environmental cleanup in the Water Street project area adjacent to Michigan Avenue.
· Voted to revise zoning on Forest Avenue to permit SchoolPictures.com to establish their new facility and return parcels to the tax rolls.
· Voted to reduce administrative costs in the Ypsilanti Police Department through an early retirement that avoided any layoff of patrol officers.
· Requested the City update the feasibility study for a Storm Water Utility to recover costs related to storm water management. (It would require EMU to pay for their significant discharges into the system to relieve the City’s general fund and ensure greater dollars could be directed to critical public safety needs.)